Who doesn’t enjoy saving a buck or two….or one hundred? Here is how to take advantage of Target’s fabulous dollar section. The picture shown below is a collection of items I use for speech therapy, all purchased from the dollar section of Target for $19. These items are not made specifically for speech therapy, but when you shop with a creative eye, dollar deals can turn into some of your most prized therapy materials.
Tackling the Dollar Section:
- Always look during the “back to school” months. There is often a take over of “teacher” materials that can easily translate over to occupational and speech therapy activities.
- Shop around the holidays for fun crafts and themed items that are sure to captivate your student audience.
- Not all Targets are alike. The Target in my hometown never stands a chance with the dollar deals found at other nearby Targets. If you pass a Target on the way to work or during other errands, take 10 minutes to check out the dollar section. You might be surprised at how much more another location can offer!
- If you think you might use it or could use it down the road, buy it! These deals never stick around for long.
- Do you have a prize box? Visit the dollar section for inexpensive, yet exciting choices.
- Think outside of the box. Some manipulatives, like these frogs or blocks, can make great additions as game pieces, additions to a sensory bin or items to compare/contrast/categorize. The clothespin letter matching activity can help target fine motor skills and letter/sound correspondence. The options are endless!