We know that like any parent, you want the best for your child. No matter how big he gets, he will always be your baby. But lately, he can’t seem to focus and you are worried he might fall behind in school. He’s smart, but you know he can do better. He is even scoring fewer goals for the soccer team and he seems to spill as much juice as he gets in his mouth. Of course he has to grow into his body, but it is like he just isn’t paying attention sometimes. You just don’t want him to lose his confidence during these formative years. If this sounds like your child and you are looking for a scientifically proven way to help your child be their best academically, socially and athletically, Interactive Metronome (IM) may be the answer.
What is Interactive Metronome?
Timing is everything! Interactive Metronome (IM) is the only program that improves timing in the brain in an organized, systematic, flexible and engaging format. Research shows that combining movement and cognitive tasks leads to better overall outcomes. IM is a patented and unique training tool that challenges thinking and movement simultaneously, providing real-time millisecond feedback to help synchronize the body’s internal clock.
Interactive Metronome is a unique system that progresses through 4 phases.
Each phase has specific goals and exercises, advancing from easiest (hands only) to most challenging (full body).
• Phase 1: The goal is to make sure your child understands the reference tone and program requirements.
• Phase 2: As your child improves, they will begin to adjust their performance to guide sounds, which provide millisecond timing feedback to facilitate improvements in cognitive, communicative, and motor skills. This millisecond timing feedback is what distinguishes IM from other training programs.
• Phase 3: Your child’s goal is to achieve the best possible timing and rhythm with their hand movements only in order to improve focus, cognitive processing and motor coordination.
• Phase 4: Now your child will begin training with their lower body to further challenge and advance cognitive and motor skills.
How can Interactive Metronome Help?
As your child adjusts his performance to the reference tone and guide sounds, his functional brain networks begin to communicate in a more efficient, rhythmic pattern. This, in turn, allows your child to reach his full potential academically, socially, and athletically in only minutes a day, a few days a week. Incorporate IM into your child’s training plan or therapy treatments and see improvements in:
• Sensory Processing
• Working Memory
• Attention and Concentration
• Processing Speed
• Motor Planning and Sequencing
• Balance and Coordination
Your child’s earlier success sets the stage for improved and sustained focus, fine motor control or specific skills like reading fluency, impulsivity, classroom behavior, coordination, etc.
Interactive Metronome (IM) is backed by over 15 years of research and has over 20 studies published in leading scientific journals that prove unbelievable outcomes, including gains in:
• Reading Comprehension and Speech Fluency
• Behavior and Self-Esteem
• Sports Performance
Check out the evidence for yourself at www.InteractiveMetronome.com.
Get on Board!
Parents, if your child is having difficulty performing everyday activities and feeling out of sync, it’s time to talk to your pediatrician to schedule an appointment for an occupational therapy evaluation and Interactive Metronome consultation. I want to help your child be the very best that they can be! It is never too late!
Interested in learning more about Interactive Metronome? Click here to schedule an appointment today!
[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]
[author title="About the Author"]