Tips for Parents
1. Create cyber rules with your children.
2. Be aware of the sites your child is on.
3. Ask to “friend” or “follow” your child on social media.
4. Teach your children how to be safe online.
5. Tell your child not to respond and not to delete anything.
6. Don’t blame your child.
7. Be available for your child to talk to and encourage them to talk to you immediately if they or someone they know is being cyber bullied.
Tips for Kids
1. If you are being cyber bullied, immediately tell an adult.
2. Keep any evidence.
3. Don’t respond to cyber bullies.
4. Be a friend.
Stephanie Moore, Speech Language Pathology Intern